What are the ingredients in Play-Doh compound?
The exact ingredients of Play-Doh compound are proprietary, so we cannot share them with you. We can tell you that it is primarily a mixture of water, salt and flour. It does NOT contain peanuts, peanut oil, or any milk byproducts. It DOES contain wheat. Play-Doh compound is not a food item and is not intended to be eaten.
Play-Doh compound is non-toxic, non-irritating & non-allergenic except as noted: Children who are allergic to wheat gluten may have an allergic reaction to this product. Also, due to the high salt content in Play-Doh compound, the product can be harmful to pets if ingested.
There is no MSDS sheet required for Play-Doh compound.
My Play-Doh compound is drying out. How can Play-Doh compound be softened or moistened?
To restore the softness to Play-Doh compound, try adding water one drop at a time and working it in to moisten the Play-Doh compound.
You can also try wrapping the Play-Doh compound in a damp paper towel, returning it to the container and replacing the cover. Let it sit overnight.
How can I preserve a Play-Doh compound creation?
Play-Doh compound is designed to use over and over again. If allowed to harden (to preserve a creation) it will most likely crack.
Look for oven curable clay at your local craft stores to make long lasting creations.
How do I remove Play-Doh compound from carpet, upholstery or fabric?
When attempting to remove Play-Doh compound do NOT use hot water or cleaning solutions of any kind. To remove Play-Doh compound from carpet or fabrics, allow it to dry completely, and then loosen with a stiff brush.
It may be necessary to vacuum clean or wash with gentle soap and cold water. You may need to repeat the process in order to completely remove the Play-Doh compound.
Additional Clean Up Tips
1. Pick up the Pieces Part 1
Playtime is done. Here are ways to make the cleaning up fun.
Remove small pieces of moist Play-Doh Compound from your work surface -- and even some carpets -- by gently pressing a larger piece of moist Play-Doh Compound against them and lifting them away.
2. Pick up the Pieces Part 2
Dry pieces of Play-Doh Compound can generally be picked off of hard surfaces. DO NOT USE SOAP AND WATER, as that will make them dissolve and become harder to remove.
3. Cleaning Carpets If Play-Doh Compound gets into the carpet, let it dry. When it's dry, loosen the pieces with a stiff brush, then pick them up by hand or with a hand-held or regular vacuum. DO NOT WET THE Play-Doh COMPOUND. DO NOT USE HOT WATER OR CLEANING SOLUTIONS.
4. Keep a Lid on It Store Play-Doh Compound in the can with the lid completely closed. If left exposed, Play-Doh Compound will eventually dry out.
5. Take a Picture...It Lasts Longer Your child creates a masterpiece you want to cherish, but Play-Doh Compound creations will eventually dry and crack if left out. Preserve your child's work of art by taking a photo of it. That way you can admire it always. You can even post it the Play-Doh Facebook page for your friends and family to see!
6. Engage Your Child Turn cleaning up into a game. Ask your child to find all the blue pieces and put them in a can, then all the mixed-color pieces and put them in a can, and so on. Sing a song while you do it to make the time pass even more quickly. Make it a race to get it done even faster.
Play-Doh Touch App & Shape to Life Studio
Where can I buy the PLAY-DOH TOUCH SHAPE TO LIFE STUDIO?
PLAY-DOH TOUCH SHAPE TO LIFE STUDIO playset is available at most major retailers worldwide and at HasbroToyShop.com (Subject to availability).
How do I start playing with the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app?
Download the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app on your compatible smart device. Find a well-lit area with a flat play surface.
To start, simply:
• SHAPE a creation with PLAY-DOH modeling compound and put it on a flat, white surface.
• SCAN your creation into the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app using your compatible device’s camera and see it come to life in a virtual world!
• EXPLORE all the creative possibilities in the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app. Keep shaping and scanning your PLAY-DOH creations to build your own world.
Do I need the PLAY-DOH TOUCH SHAPE TO LIFE STUDIO in order to play with the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app ?
The PLAY-DOH TOUCH app and PLAY-DOH SHAPE TO LIFE STUDIO playset can work together or separately. Without the playset, kids can still sculpt their own PLAY-DOH creations and bring them to life virtually in the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app by laying them on a flat, white surface and scanning them into the app using your compatible device’s camera. Kids can also sculpt, shape, and mold with the PLAY-DOH SHAPE TO LIFE STUDIO playset without scanning their creations into the app. However, the app and playset work best when used together; the playset’s digital stampers are recognized by the app, enabling additional fun effects.
What PLAY-DOH TOUCH products work with the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app?
The PLAY-DOH TOUCH SHAPE TO LIFE STUDIO playset is the only PLAY-DOH TOUCH product available and is compatible with the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app. The app is compatible with PLAY-DOH brand modeling compound available at most major retailers. More PLAY-DOH TOUCH products are planned for 2017.
What information is being collected by the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app?
What kind of creation can you scan into the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app?
Many types of PLAY-DOH sculpts can be recognized when scanned into the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app. Whether it’s a favorite pet, an out-of-this-world alien, or anything in between, the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app lets kids open a can of imagination as they sculpt and bring their unique creations to life in the virtual world. For added interactivity, the PLAY-DOH TOUCH SHAPE TO LIFE STUDIO playset includes character stampers and action stampers that help to guide the artist, and will create even more fun effects within the app.
How do I unlock additional worlds within the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app?
The PLAY-DOH TOUCH app comes with a base world for you to use. Additional worlds are available in the app and can be unlocked using the character stampers from your PLAY-DOH TOUCH SHAPE TO LIFE STUDIO playset or by making an in-app purchase using real money (each additional world costs $1.99).
How do I purchase an additional world in the app?
There are 2 ways to make an in-app purchase (using real money) of an additional world in the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app:
1. From the settings menu, go to the "Store," confirm your age, then tap the arrow in the bottom right hand corner. From there, you can select the world that you want to purchase. Each additional world costs $1.99.
2. Tap on a character monument within the app. When the scanning screen opens, there will be a store icon in the bottom left hand corner. Confirm your age, then tap the arrow in the bottom right hand corner. From there, you can select the world that you want to purchase. Each additional world costs $1.99.
Remember, additional worlds can also be unlocked using the character stampers from your PLAY-DOH TOUCH SHAPE TO LIFE STUDIO playset.
How do I restore my in-app purchases?
From the settings menu, go to the "Store," confirm your age, then hit arrow in bottom right hand corner, then click on "restore purchases" button.
What is the difference between manual capture and auto capture?
With auto capture, when holding your device above the scanning platform, the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app will automatically begin to scan your creation after a few seconds. With manual capture, you have to tap your device to scan in your creation.
How do I scan in a PLAY-DOH creation?
There are different ways to scan in a creation:
•Tap on the virtual PLAY-DOH can in the top left corner
•Tap on a virtual PLAY-DOH can in the background
How do I use the action stampers?
Tap on the virtual PLAY-DOH can in the top left corner, scan an object created using one of the action stampers and then, when scanned, drag the virtual object onto your virtual creation
Where can I find general help with using the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app?
Tap the top right icon twice to get to settings panel. Then click on "Tips"
In which markets is the PLAY-DOH TOUCH App available?
The app is available in the following markets:
• US• Canada• Mexico• Guatemala• Costa Rica• Panama• Nicaragua• El Salvador• Honduras• Venezuela• Colombia• Peru• Ecuador• Bolivia • Uruguay• Paraguay• Argentina• Chile• Brazil• Anguilla• Antigua & arbuda• Aruba• Bahamas• Barbados• Belize• Bermuda• Cayman Island• Curacao• Dominica• Dominican Republic• Grenada• Guadeloupe• Guyana• Haiti• Jamaica• Martinique• Monserrat• Puerto Rico• St-Kitts & Nevis• St-Lucia• St-Maarten• St-Vincent & The Grenadines• Suriname• Tortola• Trinidad & Tobago• Turks & Caicos• Austria• Belgium• Luxembourg• Germany• Finland• Netherlands• Ireland• UK • Denmark• Norway•Sweden • Switzerland • Czech• Hungary• Poland• Turkey • Russia• Spain • France• South Africa (English)• Ukraine (Russian)• Romania (CEE South)• Bulgaria (CEE South)• Hong Kong • Singapore • Australia• New Zealand• Macau• Taiwan • China • South Korea • Malaysia • Thailand • Indonesia • India • Italy
My PLAY-DOH TOUCH app crashes. What can I do?
First, verify that your device is on the supported device list. Next go back to the home screen and attempt to reopen app. If the App doesn't restart properly, try force closing the app and restarting it. If that doesn’t work, restart your mobile device. If the app still crashes, erase it from your device and download the app again. Please note that deleting the app from your device will cause you to lose your saved creations or other progress.
I am having trouble scanning in my creation.
For Best Results:
• Make sure you are holding your device flat above your creation
• Keep the outline of the creation intact so the app can recognize it
• Natural light is ideal, but bright lights without shadows is a must
• Lay your creation in the center of the white surface for proper scanning. If you are using the Shape to Life Studio, do not overlap the edge.
• Use white only for eyes and other small details
• Scan one creation at a time
The creations I made with the stampers are not being recognized by the app?
• Use the roller to flatten compound evenly
• Press the stamper into the compound firmly
• Trim off excess compound with the knife
• Carefully remove the creation from the stamper. Try attaching a small piece of PLAY-DOH compound to the back of the creation to remove it more easily.
• Keep the outline of the character creation intact so the app can recognize it
Why don’t I see the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app in the iTunes app store?
It may not be available in your market. For a list of markets where the app is available, please see the question on "In which markets is the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app available?"
Which mobile platforms and devices are compatible with the PLAY-DOH TOUCH app?
iOS 8+ iPod Touch (6th generation) iPhone 5 iPhone 5c iPhone 5s iPhone 6 iPhone 6s iPhone 6 Plus iPhone 7 iPhone SE iPad Pro iPad (4th generation) iPad Air iPad Air 2 iPad mini 2 iPad mini 3 iPad mini 4 Android 5+ Samsung Galaxy S6+ Samsung Galaxy Note 5+ HTC One M9+ LG G4 + Motorola Droid Turbo 2+ Huawei Google Nexus 6P+ Google Nexus 9+.
Make sure your device supports this app before downloading. Other devices may be compatible but are not supported. Updates affect compatibility.
If you made a big ball of all the Play-Doh Compound ever created, it would weigh more than 700 million pounds.
Urban legend has it that if you took all the Play-Doh Compound created since 1956 and put it through the Play-Doh FUN FACTORY playset, it would make a snake that would wrap around the world 300 times.
Play-Doh Compound is the #1 reusable modeling compound, with over 100 million cans produced each year.
Over 950 million pounds, or more than 2 billion cans, of Play-Doh Compound have been squished and squashed since 1956.
Seven million Play-Doh FUN FACTORY playsets have been sold since 1999.